Strawberry Almond Financiers
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups sliced almonds, lightly toasted and finely ground
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
- ¾ cup sifted cake flour
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 cup Duncan Family Farms Organic Strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, whisking constantly until golden brown, 6-7 minutes. Add honey and whisk until combined and remove from heat.
- Using a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment combine almonds, sugars and flour. Raise speed to medium-high and add egg whites, one at a time, mixing until just combined. Lower the speed to low and add the warm honey butter mixture in a slow steady stream. Raise speed to high and beat for 45 seconds.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups filling each half way. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of diced strawberries on top of the batter.
- Bake, rotating half way through until edges are golden brown, about 15-20 mins.
- Financiers are best served warm or on the same day they are baked.