Duncan Family Farms recognizes and prides itself in the importance of maintaining a strict and detailed food safety program. Our quality assurance begins at the point of growing and continues on through harvest and the shipping of our product. By implementing what is known as Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) we minimize the potential for product contamination. Our farm has created a program incorporating requirements set forth by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Leafy Greens Marketing Agreement (LGMA) and customer specific procedures and protocols. The food safety program consists of but is not limited to these various steps:
• Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures
• Continuous employee training of GAPs
• Internal audits of our ranches and harvest crews
• Participation of 3rd party Audits by USDA, LGMA and Primus Labs.
• Testing and monitoring of water sources
• Testing and monitoring of composted materials and soil amendments
• Preseason and pre-harvest inspections in order to monitor environmental conditions
• Raw product testing of pathogens
At Duncan Family Farms our mission is to grow safe and healthy products for our customers and food safety is a priority in every facet of our farming operation.
Duncan Family Farms Food Safety Department